Friday, March 4, 2011

Sunny but not?

Hmmm.  I've decided that my amount of homesickness is inversely proportional to how many activities I have going on.  Take today, for instance.  It's not even noon, but I've already been rather homesick.  After taking a shower/cleaning up my room, I feel a little better, but still.  I have absolutely no classes, so I have nowhere to be today.  I'm still suffering from a cold, but I think it's almost gone (knock on wood!).  Because of my cold, though, I don't want to run, despite the fact that the sun is shining and it's a rather nice day out.  So today will be packed thermo-studying and history-paper-researching while I enjoy the sun through my open window.  Sigh.  I know that if I were in Ames I would have multiple classes, plans to eat lunch with some of my friends, and either a fun (or relaxing) evening ahead of me.  I think that's what is so hard.  But now I'm going to go make lunch, take out my recyclables, and get cracking on the homework.  Later this afternoon I'm going to go to the library for some quality homework time, and hopefully I'll get to Skype my boyfriend, too.  All these things, plus another movie and early to-bed, should make me feel much better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment